Monday, December 06, 2010

The Mantle Strategy :)


Too busy to update this, but would like to write something to push down the turkey pictures. :)

The best way to combat a hectic schedule? Find something else to work on, to take your mind off the most urgent matter.

I call it the Mantle Strategy. :) If your mind keeps focusing on the core, it's very exhausting; if you do something that's too easy, such as the crust, your mind will still keep going back to the hard core, and you'd still be exhausted.

So the best way to rest is to do something in between: hard enough to focus on, but easy enough not to tire you. Hence the Mantle Strategy. :)

For me, the Mantle is translating. Half intellectual, half mechanical. Calms me down, relieves some of the stress, makes me feel that I'm doing something yet without causing extra stress.

Just received the contract from the publisher and I'm already half way through the entire thing. It was meant for the snow season and snow hasn't even arrived yet. (Don't want to jinx it though! No snow! Long live global warming!!!!) :)

No comments: